Dr. Rowland has been nominated for the prestigious Athena Award presented by Girls, Inc. The Award recognizes someone within the community who has:
- Actively assisted women in realizing their full leadership potential
- Demonstrated excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession; and
- Provided valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
Dr. Rowland is honored to be recognized in this list of incredible women in our community, and considers it a privilege to assist women in our community through Girls, Inc., Godsmile Ministry and her other community endeavors.
The list of women nominated are as follows:
- Becky Barnhart, Senior Community Center of Owensboro-Daviess County
- Marcia Kuegel Carpenter, Owensboro Innovation Academy, retired
- Suzanne Cecil White, Cecil Farms/White Chateau
- Suzanne Craig, Green River District Health Dept.
- Paula F. Dehn, Kentucky Wesleyan College, retired
- Cindy Hudson, Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Taunya Marie Iverson, Cromwell Media Owensboro
- JoAnn Masters, Kenergy, retired
- Amanda Owen, Puzzle Pieces
- Dr. Wanda Figueroa Peralta, RiverValley Behavioral Health
- Janet Rowland, DMD, Rowland Family Dentistry
- Phyllis Siddon, Feel the Love Home Health Care Agency
- Karla Ward, New Beginnings Sexual Assault Support Services
- Helen Wright Cornell, Owensboro Grain Holding Co.
The Athena Award luncheon is Thursday, March 24 11:30-1pm. A catered lunch is provided. Contact Girls, Inc. or the Owensboro Chamber of Commerce for tickets.https://www.owensborotimes.com/features/non-profits/2022/02/girls-inc-athena-awards-returns-to-in-person-format-14-women-considered-for-esteemed-award/